Forums » The Chatterbox

SHRoW 2014

Team 26 is headed to Washington DC again this March 8-11. This year there will be TWO riders representing EBCC! If you'd like to help us financially, visit Let's Rally for Team 26. I will also have stickers for sale tonight at the VIP dinner if you are there.

Thanks for your support!

Please put aside three of the stickers for me and the family if possible and hopefully I can collect them at a ride soon. We will be donating also.

Thanks

In reply to EricL

Will do on the stickers. And thanks in advance for your contribution!

In reply to wpprescott

> Team 26 is headed to Washington DC again this March 8-11. This year there will be TWO riders representing EBCC! If you'd like to help us financially, visit Let's Rally for Team 26. I will also have stickers for sale tonight at the VIP dinner if you are there. > > Thanks for your support!

Thanks to everyone from the EBCC family who has contributed to the Team 26 effort this year. We have raised over $6,000 towards our goal of $10k.

A couple of people have asked what the (large) amount of money we are raising is used for. One thing it is NOT used for is the expenses of the riders themselves. We all pay our own way for lodging and meals. The money raised goes towards expenses of the support team, gas for vehicles, etc. So to be blunt, if you have qualms about supporting us financially because you don't want to fund a "training vacation" for a bunch of cyclists, I can assure you this endeavor is not that.

Our ride is not a protest movement. We do not have a political purpose. We have responsible gun owners as members of Team 26. We stand in support of common sense legislation to reduce gun violence, and to honor all of the victims of gun violence.

Please consider giving what you can ($26?) to our cause and follow our endeavors at SHROW 2014. Thank you.

Just saw Wayne and team on the news getting ready to go.

Stay warm and good luck Wayne.

In reply to Jeffb

My younger son Wyatt and I had the privilege of joining Wayne and my other son Derek on the first leg of their ride yesterday morning. Lots of good pics and stories about their trip on the SHRoW Facebook page. They received quite the greeting when they reached Harlem last night. I hope my kid is not driving Wayne and the rest of Team 26 crazy.

Link

I wouldn't worry too much Jeff. Most teenagers specialize in driving only their parents crazy.

In reply to pcunningham

I was secretly wishing he'd get it out of his system on the ride, but I think you're right Pat. :(

In reply to wpprescott

My summary of the ride...

Click here