Eastern Bloc Cycling Club
Tuesday Simsbury Club Paced Ride
IMPORTANT: NEW START LOCATION!!! We will be starting in the back of Farms Village Plaza, the shops across from the Post Office and Tulmeadow farm. If you enter in the driveway just east of the main shop entrance it will take you straight to the back lot, please view the map link below for a visual.
Here's this weeks route 27mi 1900ft climb, it's about as flat as we can get around here, we will moderately pace ourselves going up RT20. A great 4.5mi steady climb that we may break into 3-4 small pace groups to help build that endurance for the season ahead. This is a great warmup to the Wednesdays Res Loop.
- Out Hedgehog, Lenora, Old farms, left on Firetown until end (Regroup)
- Left in Simsbury rd until end (regroup)
- Left on 20 and take into east hartland 4.5mi (regroup at mountain rd intersection)
- Right on Mountain Road and enjoy one of the areas best descents. (regroup) CAUTION!!! NO RUN OUT AT BOTTOM!!!
- Right on 189, Right on Day St, Left on Simsbury Road to firetown (regroup)
- Right on firetown and backtrack the way we went out.
Additional Ride Details:
- Location: Farms Village Plaza (Shops Across from Tulmeadow Farms & Post Office)
- Address: 244 Farms Village Rd, West Simsbury, CT 06092
- Parking: In the REAR lot behind the builds
- Start time: 5:30pm sharp
- Distance: 18-40 miles (varies by month and amount of daylight)
- Ride Leaders: Christian Torrillo, Steve Savino, John Lockwood
This is a "Club Pace" ride (generally averaging 15-17 mph) - Route varies weekly, exploring areas west, north, and east of Simsbury. Rides generally alternate between hilly & flat. Regroups always occur at key points, certainly at the tops of climbs. This Ride's is considered "Progressive" where each week the speed and climb increase as riders improve and we chase maximum daylight, however; always staying within the advertised club pace and regrouping.
PLEASE NOTE: Starting in 2015, The group may split based on number of riders Helmets are required, Lights recommended as we chase the daylight Headphones/ear buds are not allowed Non-members must sign waiver in order to ride, Minors require adult signature
Weather continues to get better every time I look at it... I think we are a GOOOO!
Assuming weather holds I plan on being at the ride tonight, but may be running a couple minutes late from work, I looked at the route hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you all by the 1st or 2nd re-group.
Well, things took a turn... Lets plan to have the ride and we can see how things look at the start... While the % is low 30-45% chance we are riding north away from the W->E traveling storm so it may be clearer up north along our route - the risk is that what I do see on the map is a wintery mix of snow and rain.
I'm going to drive down at 5pm assuming the ride is on... I'll see those Rule 9ers out there, and I'll catch all the Rule 5ers at the next ride.