Eastern Bloc Cycling Club
Tuesday 5/26 CP Club Ride - On the Phlatter Side
Here's this weeks route, a 35mi 1800ft climb, who knew you could do 35 miles and only 1800ft of climb in Connecticut! We're heading to Massachusetts for jolly ole tour of the lakes. Given it's a flatter ride the speed will be a bit faster, probably 17-18 mph average when we are done, still within the overall effort of a normal CP ride.
- Out via Hedgehog, Left on Saddle Ridge, Right on Lenora, Left on Old Farms, Right on Holcomb (Regroup)
- Left on Barndoor Hills Turns to Bushy Hill Rd, Left on Kelly Ln, Right on N. Church and stay right until you hit Wells Rd (Quick Regroup)
- Left on Wells Rd, turns to Vining Hills, Then Mort Vining Rd, Then (Oddly) back into Vining making a right.
- Left on Sheep Pasture Road to end, Right on Point Grove Rd turns into Copper Hill, Left on Petersen Rd to End (Regroup)
- Left on Canal Rd to End, Left on RT-189, into Tarriffville Town, take Winthrop to top for final regroup (where it connects to RT -315)
- Descent 315, Left on Quarry Turns to Terry's Plain, Cross Drake Hill Bridge into Simsbury town and head back via 167/West St. to start point
Additional Ride Details:
- Location: Farms Village Plaza (Shops Across from Tulmeadow Farms & Post Office)
- Address: 244 Farms Village Rd, West Simsbury, CT 06092
- Parking: In the REAR lot behind the builds
- Start time: 6:00pm sharp
- Distance: 18-40 miles (varies by month and amount of daylight)
- Ride Leaders: Christian Torrillo, Steve Savino, John Lockwood
PACE: This is a "Club Pace" ride (generally averaging 15-17 mph) - Route varies weekly, exploring areas west, north, and east of Simsbury. Rides generally alternate between hilly & flat. Regroups always occur at key points, certainly at the tops of climbs. This Ride's is considered "Progressive" where each week the speed and climb increase as riders improve and we chase maximum daylight, however; always staying within the advertised club pace and regrouping.
PLEASE NOTE: Starting in 2015, The group may split based on number of riders. Helmets are required, an emergency headlight is recommended as we chase the daylight. Headphones/ear buds are not allowed. Non-members must sign waiver in order to ride, Minors require adult signature.