Eastern Bloc Cycling Club
Tuesday 4/21 - Club Paced Ride - 6PM Start Time!
IMPORTANT: NEW START LOCATION!!! We will be starting in the back of Farms Village Plaza, the shops across from the Post Office and Tulmeadow farm. If you enter in the driveway just east of the main shop entrance it will take you straight to the back lot, please view the map link below for a visual.
Here's this weeks route 25mi 1600ft climb, Sunset is 7:39pm and with a the 6PM start time we have just over 90 minutes. weather looks OK, the rain in the AM should clear, as always - check here for any updates. This ride is on the flatter side overall and a great warm up to the Wednesdays Res Loop.
- Out Hedgehog, Lenora, Old farms, left on Firetown until end (Regroup)
- Left in Simsbury rd, Right on Day St to the end (regroup)
- Left on 189 to Lost Acres, head up but take your first on Donahue and that to the end (Regroup)
- Right on Mountain Road and first left onto Silkey and take that all the way down and left on Higley to end (Regroup)
- Left on 20 and first Right onto Simsbury Rd, right on Firetown and hit the first riser (Regroup if needed)
- Take firetown and backtrack the way we went out.
Additional Ride Details:
- Location: Farms Village Plaza (Shops Across from Tulmeadow Farms & Post Office)
- Address: 244 Farms Village Rd, West Simsbury, CT 06092
- Parking: In the REAR lot behind the builds
- Start time: 6:00pm sharp
- Distance: 18-40 miles (varies by month and amount of daylight)
- Ride Leaders: Christian Torrillo, Steve Savino, John Lockwood
This is a "Club Pace" ride (generally averaging 15-17 mph) - Route varies weekly, exploring areas west, north, and east of Simsbury. Rides generally alternate between hilly & flat. Regroups always occur at key points, certainly at the tops of climbs. This Ride's is considered "Progressive" where each week the speed and climb increase as riders improve and we chase maximum daylight, however; always staying within the advertised club pace and regrouping.
PLEASE NOTE: Starting in 2015, The group may split based on number of riders Helmets are required, Lights recommended as we chase the daylight Headphones/ear buds are not allowed Non-members must sign waiver in order to ride, Minors require adult signature
Weather is looking good so far, we'll plan to ride. Steve Savino will be leading this week as I may not be able to make it.