Forums » Group Rides

Cyclocross/mountain bike rides Fall 2018

Limited time offer! Beginning on Monday evening, September 24, 2018, and running for four weeks, until Monday evening, October 15, 2018, off-road rides will be offered from the parking lot on Iron Horse Boulevard. Each week, we'll explore in a new direction. Wheels will roll at 6:15 pm.

In.

I’m in.

In reply to CrossBikeRedPants

> Limited time offer! Beginning on Monday evening, September 24, 2018, and running for four weeks, until Monday evening, October 15, 2018, off-road rides will be offered from the parking lot on Iron Horse Boulevard. Each week, we'll explore in a new direction. Wheels will roll at 6:15 pm.

Is anyone interested in riding cross bikes for some street and trails on Monday (tomorrow the 17th)?

let's see how we do...I in...

In reply to oxbow

> let's see how we do...I in...

If it is just us, do you want to meet closer to Canton?

It is getting cloudy. If no one else posts otherwise, ride is cancelled

Tonight, 9/24/2018, 6:15 pm from the parking lot on Iron Horse Boulevard in Simsbury. Destination: South.

In reply to MarkM

Out for tonight.

> Tonight, 9/24/2018, 6:15 pm from the parking lot on Iron Horse Boulevard in Simsbury. Destination: South.

Greg had a fall on the path along the river in Fisher Meadows. Do not try to bike this anymore. The path has been eroded badly and it is not to be ridden on. Walking is not good, biking is not possible. Hope Greg will be fully mended soon!!

Thank you, Bruce and Mark, for guiding me back safely on Monday night, and for helping me get my bike on and off the car after my crash. I’m doing much better today. I don’t think I broke anything.

"Thank you, Bruce and Mark, for guiding me back safely on Monday night, and for helping me get my bike on and off the car after my crash."

I'm sorry to read this. Hope you are not too damaged. What happened?

> Thank you, Bruce and Mark, for guiding me back safely on Monday night, and for helping me get my bike on and off the car after my crash. I’m doing much better today. I don’t think I broke anything.

How are you doing Greg?

In reply to cotej

Hey, thanks for asking. In retrospect, I think I fractured a rib. I spent the weekend flat on my back. Haven't missed work, something of which I'm very proud. But I'm sidelined from riding for a little while, and just when I was feeling really fit. Oh, well. See you on the road soon enough.

Bummer. Take it easy and feel better. I’m assuming tonight’s ride and the remainder are cancelled?

Bummer. Take it easy and feel better. I’m assuming tonight’s ride and the remainder are cancelled?

Hey Greg, sorry to hear of your fall! I was just going to pose the question of wether or not I would be able to keep up with you guys & was going to try & join you all tonite. Hope you feel better soon!

Due to injury, tonight’s ride, 10/1/2018, is canceled.

Ouch. Sorry to hear this Greg. Take it easy and heal up. Ribs are a tough injury. On the bright side tho, you'll heal and better to have this injury in the autumn when the riding is winding down.

I may not be a doctor but I do recommend some Legitimus beer at the picnic on the 13th, for medicinal purposes.