Forums » Charity Rides/Events

2019 Tour of the Litchfield Hills, August 4th

Looking for volunteers for the 16th TOTLH on Sunday August 4th!

EBCC will once again be running the Lower Road rest stop in Canaan this year. We will need a morning and an afternoon shift and we would like to have 2-3 people per shift.

This is a great opportunity for our club to demonstrate our commitment to the cycling community all the while supporting the worthy cause of the Cancer Care Fund of the Litchfield Hills.

Any volunteers for the post event clean up at Coe Park around 4PM will be greatly appreciated. EBBC members have been a critical component of this many years now and the organizers are grateful for our support.

So comment here if you can volunteer for one of the slots below and I will update the thread when I see your post.

Note: There have been some route changes in 2019. Check the website below for updates:

TOTLH website

The TOTLH supports the following:

Cancer Care Fund of the Litchfield Hills

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Volunteers:

EBCC Canaan Rest Area morning shift (9-12:30)

EBCC Canaan Rest Area afternoon shift (12:30-4)

Post event cleanup (4PM)

In reply to pcunningham

Pat, I will not be doing the Canaan rest stop this year. Don

In reply to Don

Don, Thanks for all of the previous years that you and your crew helped out. Pat

In reply to pcunningham

Pat, two of the most important changes I made to service at the rest stop were: 1) Cut the sandwiches in half and have extra sandwich baggies for them. Not enough sandwiches if we don’t, and most people were just tossing the sandwich after a few bites. 2) Watermelons!!!! Bonnie Smith bought them 2 years ago, and I bought them last year (our contributions to the cause) You’ll need at least 8 whole large melons for the day; more if it is hot. You’ll need a big knife and chopping board to cut them. They were a big hit and especially welcome to those in the early “bonk” stage. Good luck with the new hosts, Don