Forums » Charity Rides/Events

TOKENEKE CLASSIC 2017 ROAD RACE.....VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!

The 2017 Tokeneke Classic Road race takes place Sunday, August 13th. Registration is now open at BikeReg.com. EBCC has been a huge contributor to this USA Cycling sanctioned event in recent years. We have committed a minimum of 15 volunteers...hopefully more. This also fulfills the USA Cycling requirement for EBCC to have the ability to race under our banner.

We need Volunteers to make this race happen. This race is in our back yard (East Hartland, CT) where many of us ride regularly. You can both race and volunteer as many do. We really need help from non-racers too. The club with the most volunteers gets 2 cases of beer. We won this last year for the 3rd year in a row!!

VOLUNTEER Registration just opened at our new Volunteers site:TokenekeVoluteerLink to sign up and get your top choice of duty. Make sure you register as a member of EBCC so the club gets credit for your help.

We need help with wheel car drivers, road marshals, registration table, feed zone, finish line & parking lot. Call or email me with questions... twern@comcast.net Thanks!!

Volunteers will get: Free T-shirt (snazzy), Lunch, $30 off Race Fee for a racer, and a Raffle ticket (we are selling $10each or 3 for $20) to win one of the following: 2017 Cannondale Supersix EVO 105 valued at $2,000 And generously donated by our Official Bike Shop Sponsor, Benidorm Bikes.... Selle SMP saddle $260 value. We will help identify the right saddle for the rider. Giro Aeon Helmet $200 value. We will make sure they have the correct size. Bontrager Ion 700R Front Light $90 value. Be safe and Be seen. Bontrager Flare R Tail Light $60 value. Be Safe and Be Seen. Specialized Airtool HP Pump $50 value. We’re here to pump you up!****____

Veronica and I are in. Thanks Skip, Eric, Jan and Doug for sponsoring!

In reply to cotej

Walt and Betsy in.

Yes! Special thanks to Skip Slater, Center Subaru (Eric Landi), Benidorm Bikes (Doug & Jan) for supporting the race in a Big Way!

In reply to timwern

Tokeneke Classis is 3 weeks away...Sunday August 13th!

Please sign up to volunteer. We still need many positions filled. Sign Up Here!

As a Volunteer you get free lunch, a nifty official T-Shirt and a free ticket to win one of the following: 2018 Cannondale Supersix EVO 105 valued at $2,000 donated by Cannondale Or one of the following generously donated by Benidorm Bikes: Selle SMP saddle $260 value. We will help identify the right saddle for the rider. Giro Aeon Helmet $200 value. We will make sure they have the correct size. Bontrager Ion 700R Front Light $90 value. Be safe and Be seen. Bontrager Flare R Tail Light $60 value. Be Safe and Be Seen. Specialized Airtool HP Pump $50 value. We’re here to pump you up!

In reply to timwern

Here is a pic of the Free Volunteer T-shirt ![Green Volunteer t-shirt(http://www.tokenekeclassic.com/)

Hey folks! Time is running out to sign up to volunteer to help with the Tokeneke Road Race. This race has had to be cancelled in past year when they are short on volunteers. EBCC has a great reputation for helping out with this epic race that's right in our back yard. Please sign up if you can help.
Pat

In reply to pcunningham

I signed up for course marshal in the afternoon and intend to race (Cat 5) in the morning.

In reply to streeterj

Congratulations to EBCC for being the club with the most volunteers at the Tokeneke Classic!

Thanks again to all that volunteered. 2 cases of beer coming your way for the picnic. Let me know where to drop them. Unfortunately I am racing the day of the picnic & will not be able to make it. Tim

In reply to timwern

And another Special Thanks to Tokeneke Road Race Sponsors this year:

Slater Building LLC - Skip Slater Center Subaru - Eric Landi Benidorm Bikes - Doug & Jan

In reply to timwern

Tim, You can drop the beer off anytime and we'll save it for the picnic.
28 Pine Hill Road, New Hartford. Thanks, Walt and Betsy

> Congratulations to EBCC for being the club with the most volunteers at the Tokeneke Classic! > > Thanks again to all that volunteered. 2 cases of beer coming your way for the picnic. Let me know where to drop them. Unfortunately I am racing the day of the picnic & will not be able to make it. Tim