Forums » Charity Rides/Events

Google Calendar of 2016 Cycling Events

Someone asked me about where to find a calendar of local cycling events, so I thought I'd share my Google Calendar that I have filled in with 2016 Brevets, Gran Fondos, Century Rides and Gravel Grinders in the region.

Brent's Google Cycling Calendar

I guess it's also a good time to plug the web site BikeRide.com that I maintain. You can plug in your zip code and search a radius to find events.

Brent

In reply to Brent

Brent,

In your Google Cycling Calendar, what is the significance of the designations (A), (B), and (C)?

In reply to CrossBikeRedPants

The A events were those I was more interested in doing, B = maybe. C = probably not, but added to the calendar anyway. Probably not very accurate.

Hey Brent,

Glen here —I'm hoping you can point me the right direction. Couldn't find any contact info on the Eastern Bloc web site.

I run The Farm Ride bicycle event in Amherst and Northampton, MA,

www.thefarmride.com

NO FUNDRAISING REQUIRED.

Didn't want to just post to your calendar without your permission.

It’s great backroads riding through the Five College area. Fast riding for those who want it; family-friendly short routes too. We’re trying to get as many clubs as possible to attend this year — don’t know if you have someone in charge of get-away road trips or weekend trips.

o We’ll knock $25 off the price for any club member. They just need to enter this code during registration:

o Each year we have our Saturday Night Dorm Party, and IF the club wants to host part of it, I’ll pick up the tab.

See, most of the riders stay in the Deluxe Dorms at the University of Massachusetts/Amherst. (That’s where I’ll be staying). The dorm suites each have four private rooms that share a common living area and full kitchen.

During our Saturday Night Dorm Party those suites that want to lock their private rooms but open up their common space to the other riders. We’ve had The Whiskey Bar, the Tropical Room, The Dessert Rom, The FIFA World Cup Room (OK, it was a World Cup year…), The Crispy Snacks Room… You get the idea. If any of your riders want to put together a four-person suite they can pick the party theme and I’ll pay for all the party supplies and décor (within sane reason!)

It IS important to note that while we draw all ages, we are mostly in our 30s – 60s. So when we say “dorm party” it’s a lot of old geezers like me PRETENDING that we’re still wild college students, but truth be told most of us are in bed by 10 p.m.!

o There is also a real 3-star hotel on campus for those who want something a bit nicer.

o Some people want nothing to do with the Saturday Night Dorm Party and that’s fine — we house them far away from the activities if they wish.

Can you point me the right direction? Is there someone in the club I should contact to see if there’s interest?

Your help much appreciated.

Many thanks,

G

-- Glen Goldstein/president BICYCLE SHOWS U.S.

Not on our mailing list of cool bike events yet? You can join by clicking here:

http://eepurl.com/RBeHX

We NEVER sell your name or send you spam. If you ever want off of the list, an automatic unsubscribe link comes with every message.

WE DO GOOD WORK

The Blessing of the Bicycles The Ride to Montauk Paddle Pedal The Farm Ride The North Fork Century Pedal the West! Bike the River Valley

Be sure to check all of our cool bicycle events at:

http://www.bicycleshows.us

In reply to gleng1

Thanks Glen,

That looks like a good ride. Some club members may be interested.

Brent