Forums » Charity Rides/Events

2019 Center Subaru Tokeneke Classic - Volunteers Needed!

The 2019 Center Subaru Tokeneke Classic Road race takes place Sunday, August 11th. Thanks again to Center Subaru & Eric Landi for the support to step up as the 2019 Title Sponsor!! Also many thanks to Benidorm Bikes as the official Bike Shop for the race. Registration to race is now open at BikeReg.com. The Category 5 Men's race is now 2 LAPS versus 1 LAP in previous races. So come on out and support this change if you're interested in racing at all. It doesn't get any closer and it's a terrific race course. Trust me this race will end without racer support. There is one Category 5 field, HOWEVER, there is separate scoring for 40+ years old and under 40. Tokeneke was my first race ever and was a great experience. EBCC has been a huge contributor to this USA Cycling sanctioned event in recent years. We are hoping for 15 volunteers or more. This also fulfills the USA Cycling requirement for EBCC to have the ability to race under the EBCC banner within USA Cycling.

We need Volunteers to make this race happen. This race is right here in East Hartland, CT where everyone rides regularly. Volunteers get a free t-shirt & lunch.

VOLUNTEER Registration just opened here HERE enter your name and at the end of your last name please enter "EBCC" or "Eastern Bloc" so we can easily tally the number for the club. We need help with wheel car drivers, road marshals, registration table, feed zone, finish line & parking lot. Email me with any questions & thanks again... timwern4@gmail.com Thanks!!

Hey Tim. I didn't see the part about the 'EBCC' suffix until after I signed up to drive a wheel car (hopefully for the juniors). Eric - let me know if you want us to put Center Subaru placards on the 2015 Outback again this year. - Jeff

Thanks Jeff! No worries you’re a well known part of this race. Thanks again!

Friendly reminder ... we still need wheel and sweep vehicle drivers, course marshals, parking lot attendants and registration help. Note that volunteers can also earn a $30 discount for a racing friend.

In reply to cotej

Jeff, I'm racing but have lined up two volunteers for our spot at the bottom of Beach Rock. I don't need a discounted registration, if any of your CCAP kids would like to have it applied to them let me know.

Walt

Awesome! Thanks Walt!

In reply to timwern

Last call for volunteers. The promoters are still looking for a couple of marshals, a sweep vehicle and driver, and some parking attendants.

Come watch our club members and junior team kids race, earn a free lunch and nice T-shirt, hang out with some like-minded people. It's a good time!

Tokeneke Classic Volunteer Sign-up

• Jeff
In reply to cotej

Thanks Jeff! Looks like we need just 2 more.

On behalf of Brian and the other folks at CCAP....

Thanks very much to all the Benidorm, Center Subaru and EBCC members and employees who worked, raced, volunteered, sponsored and otherwise supported yesterday's race!

It was a fun day.

In reply to cotej

Yes thanks Jeff and all of the volunteers!

Great day of racing. Could not have been done without you. Also congrats to Walt Hard for his medals won at the race!

Tim

In reply to timwern

Hey Tim, sometimes it pays to be old, real old. Jeff, Tim: I agree. We are indebted to the race promoters and the volunteers. I was aghast to learn how much it costs to put on this race, and despite loosing money each year, the promoters do it because they love the sport. The volunteers, who give of their time so others can race, are the salt of the earth. Thank you all for your efforts to insure this race survives, I hope it does.

Some great pics from local photographer Mike McCabe.
Tokeneke Classic / Mike McCabe