Forums » Charity Rides/Events

2018 CENTER SUBARU TOKENEKE CLASSIC...VOLUNTEERS NEEDED....NEW CAT. 5 RACE = 2 LAPS!

The 2018 Center Subaru Tokeneke Classic Road race takes place Sunday, August 12th. Thanks again to Center Subaru & Eric Landi for the support to step up as the 2018 Title Sponsor!! Also many thanks to Benidorm Bikes as the official Bike Shop for the race. Charlie will be onsite to support any last minute issues....and for moral support I've found. Registration to race is now open at BikeReg.com. Of Special Note and due to feedback from some EBCC members, the Category 5 Men's race is now 2 LAPS versus 1 LAP in previous races. So come on out and support this change if you've considered racing at all. It doesn't get any closer and it's a terrific race course. There is one Category 5 field, HOWEVER, their is separate scoring for 40+ years old and under 40. Tokeneke was my first race ever and was a great experience. EBCC has been a huge contributor to this USA Cycling sanctioned event in recent years. We have committed to 15 volunteers...hopefully more. This also fulfills the USA Cycling requirement for EBCC to have the ability to race under our banner. Last year EBCC once again won 2 cases of beer as the club with the most volunteers for the fourth year running. However, CCAP gave us a run for the money falling one short of our total. So let's get it again!

We need Volunteers to make this race happen. This race is in our back yard (East Hartland, CT) where many of us ride regularly. You can both race and volunteer as many do. We really need help from non-racers too. Volunteers get a free t-shirt & lunch.

VOLUNTEER Registration just opened at our new Volunteer Website Please enter your name and at the end of your last name please enter "EBCC" or "Eastern Bloc" so we can easily tally the number for the club. We need help with wheel car drivers, road marshals, registration table, feed zone, finish line & parking lot. Email me with any questions & thanks again... twern@comcast.net Thanks!!

The Cote family is on board for another year Tim, and we'll be encouraging Farmington Valley Youth Cycling Team family members to volunteer for this "home turf" event. - Jeff

In reply to cotej

Just over 1 week to go until race day Sunday, August 12th. Remember Cat. 5 Race is now 2 Laps. I am hearing about many EBCC riders jumping into this field. Also we still really need VOLUNTEERS! Please sign up here Tokeneke Volunteers

Thanks!

I've volunteered again this year. I am not registered to race though and Brian says I can apply my volunteer registration discount to another rider who is racing. If anyone is racing and is interested, please let me know and I will give your name to Brian.

Andy

Volunteers are still needed, especially wheel car and sweep drivers: Volunteer Sign-up Sheet