Forums » Charity Rides/Events

2017 Benidorm Consignment Sale

The Benidorm Consignment sale with be held on Saturday 5/6 from 9AM to 5PM and Sunday 5/7 from 10AM to 5PM.

The Eastern Bloc Cycling Club has a long tradition of helping out our sponsor with the sale by assisting shoppers as well as set up and breakdown of the event. Volunteer shifts are typically 4-5 hour blocks but any help you can provide is always appreciated. Anyone who has volunteered in the past, please feel free to chime in on how much fun this can be. You get to enjoy the company of friends, be outside, and talk about a bikes all day long. Since most of us do that anyway, why not help the shoppers while we are at it? ;)

The key area where EBCC members can help is in keeping a vigilant eye. The sale attracts large crowds, particularly on Saturdays, and bicycles have been stolen before. Anyone leaving with a bike should have a shop printed receipt in hand. If you see anything that appears suspicious, notify a shop employee ASAP. There will be a brief volunteer orientation at the shop on Friday at 6PM. Please try to be there, particularly if you are volunteering in the afternoon to avoid any day-of confusion. On volunteer day please arrive a few minutes before your shift.

Please sign up to volunteer your time by responding to this thread and I will update the list. Saturday morning is usually the busiest time so the more the merrier!

Saturday 9AM to 1PM

1. Tom Wing

2. Wayne Prescott

3. Michael Smith

4. Barry Rahmy

Saturday 1PM to 5 PM

1. Chris Armen

2. Tom Q

3. Stephen Savino

4. Chip Walters

5. Beth Saman

Sunday 10AM to 2PM

1. Chris Maglieri

2. Don Myers

Sunday 2PM to 5PM

1. Jim M

2. Julie Anderson

3. Beth Saman

4. Gina M

Sat & Sun : mechanical checkout Stuart and Laura Jenson

Thanks! Pat Cunningham

Pat,

Put me down for Sat. AM. 9:00 - 1:00.

In reply to TomWing

I can do Saturday 1-5.

In reply to pcunningham

Put me down for Saturday 9am to 1PM, Just a note that I probably have to leave 15 min early to pickup my daughter.

In reply to pcunningham

Hi Pat,

The usual for Stuart and I, double-day front lawn duty.

Thanks, Laura

I'll be there Saturday 9-1.

P.S. Saturday-Sunday is May 6-7, not 5-6.

In reply to wpprescott

Good catch Wayne.

Sat 9 -1

I'll be there 1 - 5:00!

Pat can do 1-5 Sat with Chris.... am on call for work 2:30 -> but should be OK during that time, Tom Q.

In reply to ssavinojr

Sat or Sun? We could use some people on Sunday.

In reply to pcunningham

I can help Saturday 9a-1p if there's still room for vols.

In reply to pcunningham

Pat, I can help on Sunday afternoon

Jim Magennis

I can do a first shift on Sunday

In reply to TomWing

I can do afternoon shift Sunday

Pat, I can do Sunday morning, 10-2

I can help Sunday afternoon (12-5pm). I'll also plan to help on Saturday afternoon probably around 1pm.

In reply to pcunningham

Pat, I already signed up for Sunday afternoon and my wife Gina will also join me then

Thank you to everyone that came to volunteer their time at the Consignment Sale. Without your help, your diligent eyes, and support, this event would be a challenge to pull off. The event at Benidorm Bikes has certainly become an expected event within the community. The feedback is great and we love getting people on bikes! Your energy and guidance has helped people and families find the 'right' bike for their use. We will continue with this event and look forward to your help again next year. Thanks so much! Now hopefully we will get to see you on a ride or at the shop.
Ride safely, Jan, Doug, Pete, Jodi, Charlie, Rob, Adam and Dan