Tour to Stockbridge Sat., September 1st.
Leaves 8:00am from Collinsville
Rain Dates are Sept. 2nd, Sept. 3rd
Ride leaders: TBD - Group A
TBD - Group B
TBD - Group C
This loop will be 107 miles in length and will have some difficult climbs 4000-5000 feet total. We will stop 3 to 4 times for food and water, please remember to bring some money along with you. As stated, this ride might break into multiple groups so make sure you have a print out of the route and know where you are going. If you have a cell phone, it's not a bad idea to bring it along. You also might want to consider carrying a charge card. In the event someone needs a ride home, taxies can be pretty
Please note: The turn by turn maps and the first ride route assume leaving from Benidorm. We are actually leaving from C'Ville. The simple ride route reflects this
Turn by Turn Maps:
Click To Download Maps
Last year we had an avg speed of just under 18 mph with a ride time of about 6.5 hours and a trip time of about 7.5 hrs.
Please note, if the weather is bad this ride may be cancelled. Check the Online Forum.
Here are two ride routes, one with time and mileage based on a 17mph avg speed and one without.
Time Mile Instruction For Toward
Summary: 107.7 miles (6 hours, 38 minutes)
8:00 AM 0.0 Depart C'ville, take a right out of parking
lot on to Maple Ave. which changes into Dowd Ave.
- Take a right on US-44 [US-202] (South-East) 0.9 mi
8:03 AM 0.9 Bear LEFT (North) onto Lawton Rd 0.9
8:07 AM 1.8 Bear RIGHT (East) onto Dry Bridge Rd
8:09 AM 2.1 Continue (North-East) on Notch Rd 0.6
8:11 AM 2.8 Bear LEFT (North) onto W Mountain Rd
8:19 AM 4.9 Bear RIGHT (East) onto SR-309 [Farms
Village Rd] 0.3 mi
8:21 AM 5.3 Turn LEFT (North) onto Old Farms Rd
8:32 AM 8.3 Turn LEFT (West) onto Firetown Rd 65
8:42 AM 10.9 Turn LEFT (North) onto Simsbury Rd
8:44 AM 11.5 Bear RIGHT (North) onto Day St (S)
8:55 AM 14.2 Bear LEFT (North) onto SR-189 [N
Granby Rd] 1.0 mi
8:59 AM 15.2 Turn RIGHT (East) onto East St 120
9:01 AM 15.6 Turn LEFT (North) onto (S) Loomis
St 5.7 mi
9:11 AM 18.3 Entering Massachusetts
9:34 AM 24.4 Turn LEFT (West) onto Granville Rd
9:38 AM 25.4 Turn RIGHT (North) onto Northwest
Rd 2.2 mi
9:46 AM 27.6 Bear LEFT (North-East) onto Bates
Rd 76 yds
9:47 AM 27.6 Turn LEFT (North-West) onto US-20
[Russell Rd] 0.1 mi
11:19 AM 53.8 At Jacobs Ladder, stay on US-20
[Jacobs Ladder Rd] (North-West) 4.8 mi
11:37 AM 58.6 Continue (West) on SR-102
[Pleasant St] 0.1 mi
11:52 AM 62.9 Continue (West) on US-7 [E Main St]
11:53 AM 63.0 Stopping for Lunch
12:03 PM 65.9 Bear LEFT (South) onto Monument
Valley Rd 142 yds
12:20 PM 70.5 Turn LEFT (East) onto SR-23 [State
Rd] 1.2 mi
12:25 PM 71.7 Bear RIGHT (South) onto SR-57
[Pixley Rd] 6.1 mi
12:47 PM 77.8 Turn RIGHT (South) onto New
Marlborough S Sandisfield Rd 0.2 mi
1:00 PM 81.5 Continue (South-East) on Sandy
Brook Tpke 3.7 mi
1:14 PM 85.2 Entering Connecticut
1:14 PM 85.2 Continue (South-East) on SR-183
[Sandy Brook Rd] 2.9 mi
1:25 PM 88.1 Turn LEFT (North-East) onto Sandy
Brook Rd 164 yds
1:41 PM 92.4 Bear RIGHT (South) onto SR-8
[Colebrook River Rd] 0.7 mi
1:44 PM 93.1 Bear LEFT (South-East) onto
Riverton Rd 142 yds
1:46 PM 93.7 Turn RIGHT (South) onto
Robertsville Rd 1.2 mi
1:51 PM 94.9 Turn RIGHT (South) onto SR-20
[Riverton Rd] 0.2 mi
1:52 PM 95.2 Turn LEFT (South-East) onto (W)
River Rd [West River Rd] 131 yds
2:08 PM 99.2 Continue (South) on SR-181 [River
Rd] 1.1 mi
2:12 PM 100.3 Bear LEFT (South) onto US-44 [New
Hartford Rd] 109 yds
2:38 PM 107.7 Arrive Finish
Driving distance: 107.7 miles
Trip duration: 6 hours, 38 minutes
Simple Ride Route
- Right out of C'ville on to Maple Ave, which changes to Dowd Ave.
- Right onto Rt 44.
- Left on Lawton Rd, at the stop sign, bear right on Washburn Rd.
- At the Stop Sign, stay left on Notch Rd.
- At the Stop Sign, merge left on West Mountain Road.
- At the Stop Sign, take a right and at the next Stop Sign take another right on Rt 309.
- At the Stop Light, take a left on Old Farms Rd.
- At the end of Old Farms Rd, take a Left on Fire Town Rd.
- At the end of Fire Town Rd, take a left on Simsbury Rd.
- At Holcome Farms bear right on Day Hill Road.
- At the Stop Sign, go straight across Rt 20 and Continue on Day Hill Road.
- At the end of Day Hill Rd, Take a left on Rt 189.
- At the Post Office and Library take a right on East St.
- Take your next left on Loomis St.
- At the end of Loomis St. continue across Rt 57 on North Loomis St.
- At the Stop Sign, take a left on Granville Rd.
- Go about a 1/2 mile and take a right on Northwest Rd.
- At the 4 Way Stop, continue straight across on Northwest Rd.
- At the Stop Sign which is at the bottom of a short steep hill, take a left then another left on Rt 20.
- There is a Gas Station just up the road on the left where we can stop and tank up. At this point we will be heading into no mans land.
- We will follow Rt 20 for a LOOONG time. We will pass through Montgomery, Chester, Becket and finally Lee.
- In Becket Rt 8 connects to Rt 20. If someone is stuggling, you can take a left on Rt 8 and head straight back to Colebrook.
- In Lee just past the outlet shopping mall (no we are not stopping), bear left on Rt 102. This should be Pleasant St.
- Follow Rt 102 into StockBridge, this will merge into Rt 7.
- At the intersection of West Main St and Pine St, take a left and continue on Rt 7 into Stockbridge Center. This will cross over the Housatonic River.
- Will stop for food and water in Stockbridge Center and take in some of the sights. It's a very quaint little town.
- Continue on Rt 7, a few miles outside of Stockbridge Center, take a left on Monument Valley Rd.
- At the end, take a left on Rt 23.
- A few miles up the road, take a right on Rt 57.
- We will stop again for food and water on Rt 57.
- After several miles, on a left hand corner, bear right on New Marlborough-.Sandsifield Rd.
- Continue on Sandsifield Rd, after several miles this will change into Sandy Brook Tpke (Rt 183) then Colebrook Rd
- Take a Left on Sandy Brook Rd.
- At the end, take a Right on Rt 8.
- Take a left on Riverton Rd.
- At the end take a right on Rt 20 then your next left on West River Rd.
- At the four way stop continue straight, on River Rd.
- At the Stop Sign, take a Left on Rt 44.
- Follow Rt 44 back into Canton, until you reach the intersection of Rt 179 and Rt 202.
- Take a right at the stop light on River Rd.
- At the end of River Rd, take a right on Maple Ave.